Bangladesh Embassy in Tokyo has introduced Machine Readable Visa (MRV) in March 2014. Japanese nationals as well as other foreign nationals holding residence permit in Japan may apply for Bangladesh visa. Please visit www.visa.gov.bd for online application for Machine Readable Visa (MRV). You may face problem in logging-on the website if you are using an earlier version than 9.0 of Internet Explorer (Windows) or an earlier version than 3.5 of Mozilla Firefox. Please read the instructions carefully before you start your application.
After submitting the online application the applicant has to get a print-out of the filled-in online application form and submit it to the consular section of the Embassy along with the following documents:
• Original passport with at least 6 months’ validity and two empty pages
• Two copies of recent passport size photograph
• Flight particulars/ hotel reservation details
• Payment receipt of required fees
• Applicants under 18 years old have to submit written permission from his/her parents along with copies of PP/ ID and birth certificate /municipality declaration
Along with above mentioned documents, the applicants are required to submit the following documents depending on the purpose of the visit :
A. Tourist Visa (only for single entry):
– Duly filled out online application
– Copy of passport
– One recent passport size photograph
– Hotel reservation in Bangladesh / Flight Particulars
B. Visa for Businessmen and Foreign Investors:
-Letter from concerned Business organization/invitation letter from Bangladesh.
-Recommendation letter from Chamber of Commerce/ local employment company.
-Hotel reservation in Bangladesh / Flight Particulars
C. Visa for Study Purpose:
– Invitation/ offer letter from the concerned university/ college/ school (educational institutions in Bangladesh)
– Declaration/ recommendation letter from university/ college/ school in Bangladesh
– Bank guarantee documents
D. Visa for short term visit, Meeting, Seminar, Conference (project) Purpose (only for single entry):
– Invitation from the organization in Bangladesh as well as the letter from the company/ organization in the Japan
E. Visa for Non-Government Organization (NGO) related visit:
– letter from the NGO Affairs Bureau in Bangladesh
– Contract letter between the Bangladeshi organization and the applicant/ sending organization
F.Visa for Social workers: (NGO workers and others)
– Letter from concerned Organization and NGO Bureau of Bangladesh.
G.Visa for Diplomats and Government Officials:
-Note Verbale from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
H. Visa for accompanied family members:
– Copy of the passport of the applicant and the latest visa page,
– Family proof letter / declaration from the Municipality / relevant Authorities
I. Visa for officials of UN-related and other International organizations/ ADB etc:
– Invitation letter from the respective organization in Bangladesh
– A letter or Note-verbale from the organization in the Japan.
J. For Journalist/ Media personnel:
– Need to fill-in F-I, FII & List of equipment form
– Invitation letter from the concern organization in Bangladesh,
– Declaration letter with the description of purpose of the shooting, shooting spot and draft shooting schedule.
For Japanese Nationals: No Visa Fee required
For applicants other than Japanese Nationals: Applicable visa fee in USD or other currencies is avilable in www.visa.gov.bd. The applicant has to deposit the equivalent amount of JPY of the amount mentioned in the chart available in the above website. The fee has to be deposited in the following account of the Embassy:
Bank: Japan Post Bank
Account Name: Embassy of Bangladesh
Account No. 10080-73796751
N.B. All service recipients are requested to take utmost care while transferring money to the designated account of the Embassy of Bangladesh, Tokyo. In case of any discrepancy, service recipients are requested to submit request for refund to the Embassy of Bangladesh, Tokyo within 7 (seven) days of the associated transaction, failing which the Embassy will not be liable or bound to refund any claim.
Visa Processing Time:
Applications are received from 09:00-11:30 hours on every working day. Visas are delivered from 14:00-16:30 hours.
Visa processing takes least 3 (three) working days, subject to receipt of all required documents/information. Some Visa categories that are required to be referred to the concerned authorities in Bangladesh may need more time.
For any query please send e-mail to: email@example.com. You may also dial – 03 32345801 Ext. 106 or 121