Office hour for consular service at the Embassy of Bangladesh in Tokyo:
Monday to Friday (all services), and First Sunday of every month (not applicable for visa related services). From 0900 hours to 1700 hours (Lunch hour: 1300-1400 hours).
Receiving Application: 09:00-11:30 hours
Delivery: 15:00 -16:00 hours
• The Embassy of Bangladesh in Tokyo has been issuing Machine Readable Passport/ Visa (MRP/MRV) since end of March 2014.
• Application for MRP/ MRV has to be submitted online by accessing the following websites: For Machine Readable Passport (MRP): www.passport.gov.bd For Machine Readable Visa (MRV) : www.visa.gov.bd
• After online application the applicant has to get print out of the filled out application form and submit it to the consular section of the Embassy along with required documents.
• Payment of Fees: Bangladesh Embassy does not accept any cash transaction regarding payment of fees for consular services (passport/visa/attestation). All fees for consular services will be received in the following Japan Post Bank account: Account Name: EMBASSY OF BANGLADESH Account No. 10080-73796751 To check fees for passport/visa/other services please check in the relevant section. Fees, once received, cannot be refunded, even if the application is withdrawn or service cannot be rendered.
• Passport is a valuable document. It should always be either in own custody of the passport holder or in the custody of a person duly authorized by him/her. If lost or destroyed, the fact and circumstances should be immediately reported to the local police and to the nearest Bangladesh Embassy.
• Please keep a photocopy of your passport in a safe place. Without a photocopy, issuance of duplicate passport may be delayed.
• Giving false information in the Application Form is an offence. Passport facilities can be denied on grounds of suppression of factual information, submission of false particulars, willful damage of passport and for making unauthorized changes in the passports.
• Required time for processing is mentioned in the concerned section. This time schedule does not apply to services for which the Embassy needs to refer the matter to the competent authorities in Bangladesh for verification/ authentication.
• The Embassy will get in touch with applicants in cases where the applications are incomplete/incorrect, the fees sent are not adequate or not paid in the acceptable manner or where there are other requirements.
N.B. All service recipients are requested to take utmost care while transferring money to the designated account of the Embassy of Bangladesh, Tokyo. In case of any discrepancy, service recipients are requested to submit request for refund to the Embassy of Bangladesh, Tokyo within 7 (seven) days of the associated transaction, failing which the Embassy will not be liable or bound to refund any claim.
• For any query regarding visa (MRV) related information/ clarification, please send e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call +813 3234 5801 (Ext. 106 or 307).
• For any query regarding passport (MRP) and all other consular services, please send e-mail to: email@example.com or call +813 3234 5801 (Ext. 102/103/104 or 307).
• For any query regarding passport (MRP) and all other consular services, please send e-mail to:firstname.lastname@example.org or call +813 3234 5801 (Ext. 102/103/104 or 307). Please click on the link below for Consular Service Related General Information in Bangla:
Consular Service Related General Information